- How will we access your system? Is it through a VPN? If so, then what are your recommendations for bandwidth and speed to run your system?
The ASKI system uses a 6 Mb program downloadable onto any Windows PC. We do not use VPN technology. The architecture has an inbuilt load balancer that scales, therefore we maximise the use of any bandwidth without any degradation of performance. We are the MOST secure system of our type in the world because we live behind the firewall. Below, is a diagram of our technology architecture that illustrates the database behind the firewall.
- Will the system totally eliminate the need to use spreadsheets from other programs to import data back into the system? If so, please explain how you are able to maintain the data in real-time.
We are holistic. The system is fully integrated from the backoffice, to driver portals for drivers, to passengers webapps for customers, to executives, business partners, booking agent portals – we easily extend the system for your community’s use because we are an open system.
- Who will carry out the development of modules? Does the vendor have an implementation partner who will do this work? If so, who maintains future code going forward?
We have one code, one system, one Vendor, fully contained and controlled. All code is built for reuse. Therefore, one code base, one executable. The framework has reusable tools that inherits code, not copy and paste which is prone to error and invalidation of functions. One code base also means lower development and implementation costs and rapid development time. All extensions of the programs to webapps, iOS and Android apps all use the same code base.
- How easy will it be to redesign at the business level new rules or different workflows as the business grows and evolves? Would there be a whole new development project and at what expense?
The architecture clearly distinguishes the business rules and workflow outside of the functionality of the system. Therefore, functions are the same, the outermost layer is your differentiator of business rules and workflow. This is low-cost, easy to maintain. Your business will have a dedicated account manager but any support member will see a theme of the development code and easily understand the code base. At go-live, you will always have access to two identical systems being the “live” site and the “test” site. All extended development is done on the “test” site. This way, your stakeholders can be part of the build minimising training efforts.
- As my company grows and I acquire other companies throughout the world, what is the process to add them to my system to ensure each company and/or entity can operate independently as a profit and loss centre, generating their own P&L sheet, balance sheet, etc. and how do I extract reports for me to see the overall running of the company?
Our system is designed to be multi-tenanted. Therefore, you can set up a new entity within the company in a matter of minutes and they will inherit the Chart of Accounts structure which they can amend if they need to, ready for them to manage and operate their own business. The Group can report on all entities and drill down into the financials of each individual entity and transactions down to the line item.